Monday, September 26, 2005

moving along

Posted by Picasa


i took this picture today ... it's of Leo and his fishing boat ... the last ride of the season ... possibly the last ride ever down our channel into the open waterways of a fast moving Manitoba river ... this picture is so bittersweet ... it may well be the end of an era ... a type of lifestyle for us ...

sigh ...

my list only got a few things stroked off of it today ... one of our friends had a day off, so he came to help pull the boat and floating dock out of the water ... when folks take time out of their lives to give a hand, we appreciate it ... though to be honest, we didn't really want the boat out quite yet ... we wanted to go fishing together just once more ... how ungrateful i sound ... i'm not, honest ... there have been days when the weather was perfect, yet leo's health wasn't ... so our fishing trip might not have happened anyway ... it just seems that something very precious slipped out of my fingers today, i saw it leave and couldn't stop it ... there is change in the air ... i have to move forward and be thankful for the times we did have ... no regrets ...

i'm talking like we will be moving soon ... and that may be ... it may also be next summer ...

yet i seem to feel that change advancing quicker than i had imagined ...

tomorrow we will go look at 2 houses in town and also put our house up for sale ... it almost seems like i am pushing something beloved and personal into a hard market place where others won't see the magic and wonder of it ...

sigh ... who knew that seeing leo chugging away in his old fishing boat would make me wax nostalgic about it!

i found a chorus to sing ... to cheer up the part of me that is afraid to move forward ... after all, moving forward is what maturity is all about, isn't it ...

I just keep trusting my Lord
as I walk along,
I just keep trusting my Lord
and He gives a song;
Tho the storm clouds darken the sky -
o'er the heav'nly trail,
I just keep trusting my Lord,
He will never fail!

No comments: