Friday, January 21, 2005

a confession


i have a confession to make ... i had a horrible day today ... one of the worst in recent memory ...

i’m confessing now, because it is at the END of the day ... and Lord willing, tomorrow will be better ...

today was a spiritual warfare type of day ... i prayed, read my bible and tried to focus on "the walk" and not just "the talk" ...

last week i did a post on
smiling ... today i smiled, but the tears ran down my cheeks ...

i also posted confidently on my
victory over the fear of driving during poor winter conditions ... today, i quaked at the mere thought of going out on the highways at all ...

my victories of just a few days ago are like the firewood that turns quickly into ashes in our woodstove ...


as i posted the Psalm 138:7 picture, i read the whole Psalm ... i saw a life line in it for me and grabbed on, and held tight ... my life line was part of verse 8 ... The Lord will accomplish what concerns me ...

the Lord will accomplish ... and only the part that concerns me ...

i’ve been concerned with so many things that i cannot change ... people, situations, weather ... sounds silly, but that's what feeds my worry ...

The Lord will accomplish what concerns me ....

i want to be honest in my blog ... and this little post is very honest ...

i am a woman who is trying to live her life before her Lord and in her home, the best way i know how ... sometimes i fall flat on my face ...

but "The Lord will accomplish what concerns me"....

i guess the victory is allowing the Lord to pick me up again ...

No comments: